How to Apply for the IELTS Test
- View available Test Dates & Locations and click the “Register” link on the date you want to take the exam.
- Complete the IELTS Online Application Form.
- Upload a good quality copy of your valid passport or permanent resident card. The copy must clearly show your photo, document number, expiry date and signature.
- The only payment option available at the moment is online with a credit card.
- Test fees must be paid within 1 day (24 hours) of registering for a test date. Otherwise, your registration may be canceled. If registering with a week or less from test day, payment must be received on the same day of registration, otherwise, your registration may be canceled.
- Test fees must be paid immediately when registering on the last day of registration (Monday before the test date). If not, your registration may be cancelled.
- Read Information for Candidates.
Registration closes either when seats are full or 4 days before the test. It is best to register early. No refunds are given for no-shows, transfers or cancellations within 5 weeks of the test date. Cancellations or transfers with more than 5 weeks’ notice are subject to a $73.5 administrative fee. Only two forms of identification are accepted: a valid passport or Canadian Permanent Residence card. Important: You MUST have the original identification you used when registering for the test in hand on test day. Otherwise you will not be permitted to take the test and you will forfeit your test fee.